Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shocked, Shocked To Find Gambling Going On Here!

I just love the wonderful use of the passive voice in this article:
Facts are stubborn, the saying goes.
But myths about the legislation are likely to persist as well. And a lot of people don't agree on which is which.

"People have taken away from the debate a number of beliefs about the bill that are very difficult to shake based on objective reports," said Robert Blendon, a Harvard public health professor who follows opinion trends. "There is enough skepticism out there that questions about how it's going to help the country are likely to continue."

Gee, willikers, Mr. Wizard! These crazy, false and lunatic ideas just keep going out in the world, willy-nilly. However could a little old journalist like me ever hope to stop them?

Um. By pointing them out? And, you know, calling out politicians and pundits who say them? I know, I know, that's crazy talk, because that would mean DOING YOUR DAMN JOB. Whatever was I thinking?

I think we're going to see a lot of stories like these in the next few weeks. Sigh.

No comments: