Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

This isn't Auld Lang Syne, but it'll do.



This has really been quite the year. On a snowy morning here in New York City, as I'm ready to head down to my day job for the last time this year, I'm thinking about 2009, about the last ten years, about a lot of things. Again, I want to thank all the commenters and linkers, fans and detractors, allies and antagonists for a great, great year. I've been stuck in a loop of depression, cynicism and pessimism for the last few months, but I'm feeling oddly optimistic about 2010. I'm sure it won't last, but as long as the snow is white and clean, the New Year's parties haven't started yet and my next work day is three days away, I'm going to hang onto that feeling.

There will be feasting and dancing in Jerusalem next year, indeed.

No comments: