Thursday, November 12, 2009

In Which I Make Isaac (and, by extension, you) Love The Mountain Goats At Least A Little Bit

Looking to love The Mountain Goats, Isaac? Try this:

or this...

or, most importantly, this...


That last one is one of my favorite love songs ever.

I try to think of myself as many things other than a writer, not wanting to be hemmed in by any one definition and music is a massively important thing for me. I never learned to play any instruments (for reasons that passeth understanding), but it's always been a part of my life. The realization, though, that the bands I love the most are bands with the best lyrics, even more than the music, knocked me for a loop a bit. No matter how I run from it, a writer is what I am and writing is what I admire.

1 comment:

joshcon80 said...

The lyrics to "No Children" always, always make me smile. I love "This Year."