Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dept. of Corrections

Scott rightfully mentions:
Um, I probably should have noted this in your previous post. If you go to Williams' Wikipedia entry, I think there seems to be an indication that "The Glass menagerie" was the first of his plays to be produced on Broadway. Those earlier plays were either unproduced, or produced regionally. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what it looks like to me...
Upon further reflection and review, he could very well be right. The Wikipedia entries are a bit muddled (as they are wont to do) and beyond the major plays, unclear. But I have to at least allow for the possibility that I've completely misread his production history and The Glass Menagerie was his first Broadway production, after 8 years (1936-1944) of relative obscurity and regional productions. In which case...he's still beating my ass, but it's not quite as badly as I thought.

But I also offer this up: I am not infallible, I'm occasionally careless, but I make up for it by being open to correction. This is a conversation, not a one-way communication. Feel free to talk back, question and push. And, when necessary, correct.

No comments: